- Thycotic Secret Server is our answer to managing the proliferation of credentials or as real people refer to them “usernames and passwords”, providing true Privileged Password Security.
Privileged password security made easy – Comply – Manage – Audit
The problem most network administrators have to deal with is how to deal with the multitude of privileged password security accounts that are normally in use across your network. Thycotic Secret Server gives you the tools to deal with compliance and management at a stroke. Efficiently, effectively and comprehensively within hours of deploying Thycotic Secret Server on your network.
In a modern Network environment, just keeping track of account passwords across platforms, network services and Microsoft Server Active Directory is a full time administration headache for your IT department and an excel spread sheet is not going to cut it. In addition to user and administrative accounts in everyday use by the IT department there are the hidden accounts being used for applications, services and devices.
Privileged passwords are a favourite target for hackers, so it’s critical that you have privileged password protection policies in place.
Thycotic Secret Server helps you manage privileged password security
The Thycotic approach is a 4 step process that makes managing privileged passwords right across the network achievable and efficient, with:
Discovery: The first step is to identify the privileged accounts, this is done automatically and within hours of the service being installed in fact take a free trial and you can witness this for yourselves.
Consolidation: Do away with that excel file as your passwords are stored in the Thycotic secure vault, secured by two-factor authentication and AES 256 encryption.
Enforcement: Beyond helping you identify best practices and policies (see our download on privileged password policy) Thycotic Secret Server ensures those policies are automatically enforced, elimination of password shares means you have true accountability. Management of password complexity and change frequency significantly improves security and approval processes are automated and once again improving accountability. Thycotic Secret Server means you will always demonstrably be on top of your obligations with regard to best practice and standards.
Monitoring and Auditing: Demonstrably meeting your obligations and enforcing your policies is one benefit, but staying on top of a constantly evolving network requires crystal-clear reports, so you always know, who is using a password – and how they are using it.
Take control of privileged accounts right across your network and the management of service accounts and device accounts such as routers, managed switches, Point of Sale Terminals etc. All of which may employ default manufacturer passwords or default naming conventions. These are effectively an open invitation to rogue employees or hackers to gain access to the network and reek-havoc to your carefully laid security plans
Most businesses from time to time employ contractors and this may entail setting up credentials to enable them to work. Thycotic Secret Server provides the tools to monitor them and remove them when the project ends and the work is complete.
Thycotic Secret Server will gives you the ability to manage your privileged accounts and to get you started Tamite Secure IT in association with Thycotic have created a template to get you on your way.
We can help you get started with this template:
“Save hours of time and research. You’ll get a Microsoft Word document, so it’s easy to customise”.
Meet best practice standards, including:
- Get a starting point for privileged password management in your organisation Contains more than 40 pre-written information security statements
- Remove policy statements that don’t apply or don’t fit your governance requirements
- Details how policies can be enforced with Thycotic Secret Server
- Enterprise-class password management: Thycotic Secret Server
- Lock down sensitive account passwords on-premises. Integrate with Active Directory.
- Eliminate internal and external threats
- Don’t just vault IT credentials. Know exactly who has access to key systems.
- Meet compliance mandates
- Improve standings with auditors and maintain compliance through password management.
- Manage service accounts
- Never lose track of service accounts or application pools again.
- Enterprise-class password management:
- Thycotic Secret Server Lock down sensitive account passwords on-premises. Integrate with Active Directory.
- Eliminate internal and external threats Don’t just vault IT credentials. Know exactly who has access to key systems.
- Meet compliance mandates Improve standings with auditors and maintain compliance through password management.
- Manage service accounts Never lose track of service accounts or application pools again.